Halloween is near and there are some spooky things going on around Calgary. Here's our Top 7 Spooky Things to do in Calgary This Week.
1. For the 1st time in Calgary! Experience Canada’s award-winning largest outdoor Halloween event! Featuring over 6,000+ hand-carved pumpkins, witness the magic of pumpkins coming to life during this nighttime family-friendly walk-through experience. The lit pumpkin sculptures and displays include everything from classic Halloween characters, dragons and dinosaurs, to movie and pop culture icons, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Site: Pumpkins After Dark
2. Scream Fest is coming back to haunt Calgary! Experience haunted houses, food trucks, carnival games and creepy entertainment.
Site: Scream Fest
3. For those movie lovers out there! The annual CUFF tradition! This Halloween, the Calgary Underground Film Festival returns to Globe Cinema for our annual 12-Hour Horror Movie Marathon. 7 movies from 7pm until 7am the next morning, including a costume contest, and other surprises throughout the night. This year’s event is presented by RISE UP Weekends.
5. Dash of Doom Halloween Run 2021. Run Calgary invites you to be a part of Calgary's only Halloween Night Race. This is a family-friendly and pet-friendly event and a beloved Halloween tradition for families. Dogs and Strollers are Encouraged to Take Part! Fundraising is in support of AARCS.
6. Calling all Goblins and Ghouls!
Come join everyone for a SPOOKtacular time at the YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre on October 30! We’re hosting a monster mash Halloween Party that’ll be fang-tastic for the whole family.
🎃 Gross out stations
🎃 Solve the mystery of the floor board mummy
🎃 Costume Contest
🎃 FREE CANDY
Site: Youthlink Calgary
7. Halloween fun at the Willy Wonka Cocktail Party. What a great way to spend the evening – IN A CHOCOLATE FACTORY! Featuring TEN Degrees in house Chef Jonathon Mang. Chef Mang is a SAIT Professional Cooking Honours Alumni and graduate. He is also pursuing his diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts. Jonathon won 1st place in a WestJet dessert creation competition as well as received a Culinary Award of Excellence in high school.