Oct. 27, 2021
Halloween is near and there are some spooky things going on around Calgary. Here's our Top 7 Spooky Things to do in Calgary This Week.
1. For the 1st time in Calgary! Experience Canada’s award-winning largest outdoor Halloween event! Featuring over 6,000+ hand-carved pumpkins, witness the magic of pumpkins coming to life during this nighttime family-friendly walk-through experience. The lit pumpkin sculptures and displays include everything from classic Halloween characters, dragons and dinosaurs, to movie and pop culture icons, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Site: Pumpkins After Dark
2. Scream Fest is coming back to haunt Calgary! Experience haunted houses, food trucks, carnival games and creepy entertainment.
Check out these Outdoor Haunted Houses that WILL make you SCREAM!
- Clown Town
- Bates Motel
- What Lurks in the Dark
- Walking With The Dead
- What Lies Beneath
Site: Scream Fest
3. For those movie lovers out there! The annual CUFF tradition! This Halloween, the Calgary Underground Film Festival returns to Globe Cinema for our annual 12-Hour Horror Movie Marathon. 7 movies from 7pm until 7am the next morning, including a costume contest, and other surprises throughout the night. This year’s event is presented by RISE UP Weekends.
Come for one film, or stay for them all
Costume contest at midnight
Giveaways and surprises throughout the night.
Site: Calgary Underground Film
4. Hockey and Halloween!?!? HDC's 2nd Halloween Howler is a fun 3 on 3 tourney that takes place Halloween weekend! From the customized scary uniforms to the grand candy trophy, this event is sure to become the most popular in all of Calgary!
Site: HDC's Hockey Halloween Howler
5. Dash of Doom Halloween Run 2021. Run Calgary invites you to be a part of Calgary's only Halloween Night Race. This is a family-friendly and pet-friendly event and a beloved Halloween tradition for families. Dogs and Strollers are Encouraged to Take Part! Fundraising is in support of AARCS.
Site: Dash of Doom Halloween Run
6. Calling all Goblins and Ghouls!
Come join everyone for a SPOOKtacular time at the YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre on October 30! We’re hosting a monster mash Halloween Party that’ll be fang-tastic for the whole family.
🎃 Gross out stations
🎃 Solve the mystery of the floor board mummy
🎃 Costume Contest
🎃 FREE CANDY
Site: Youthlink Calgary
7. Halloween fun at the Willy Wonka Cocktail Party. What a great way to spend the evening – IN A CHOCOLATE FACTORY! Featuring TEN Degrees in house Chef Jonathon Mang. Chef Mang is a SAIT Professional Cooking Honours Alumni and graduate. He is also pursuing his diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts. Jonathon won 1st place in a WestJet dessert creation competition as well as received a Culinary Award of Excellence in high school.
- TEN Degrees sausage rolls with TEN Degrees Aztec chocolate sauce & cherry tomato jam
- Pickled heirloom carrot salad rolls with cashew caesar dressing
- Golden egg nest in asparagus soup
- Pairing: Pink Fizzy Lifting Drink
3 Course Dinner Gum
- Tomato gazpacho with garlic focaccia
- Savoury pancakes with shredded short rib and fresh horseradish cream
- Mascarpone whipped mini baked potato with prosciutto crumble
- Blueberry Cheescake
- Pairing: "The Blue Berry Cocktail"
- TEN Degrees Ecuador 65% Chocolate mousse
- Fizzy lifting macaron
- Pairing: Tiramisu Chocolate River Martini
Site: Willy Wonka Halloween Cocktail Party